Write the superlative forms of this adjectives.
0. poor ⇒ the poorest .
Three or more things
We use the superlative form of an adjective or adverb to compare three or more things.
- Both John and his brother play football, but John is better.
- John and his two brothers all play football, but John is the best.
the best in
After the superlative we use in before names of places or before singular words referring to groups of people (class, school, team, family, etc.)
- The Everest is the highest mountain in the world. (NOT
of the world)
- She is the best student in the class.
- He’s the tallest in the family.
the / my / John’s
Before the superlative we always use the or a possessive adjective (my, your, his, etc.) or noun + possessive ‘s (Paul’s, Elisabeth’s, etc.)
- He is the best.
- This is my most expensive jacket.
- This is Paul’s best friend.